Upon the ordinance of the Minister of Health of 22 October 2021, starting from 26 October and until 15 December 2021, business and work travellers from India are allowed to enter Italy.
For entry into Italy from India, it is mandatory:
- to comply with the submission of the Passenger Locator Form before entering Italy;
- performing the test with molecular or antigenic swab carried out in the 72 hours before entry into Italy and the result of which is negative (minors under the age of six are exempted);
- to communicate immediately the entry into Italy to the competent health authority (see this page);
- transferring to the final destination exclusively by private vehicle;
- to comply with the fiduciary isolation at the address indicated in the Passenger Locator Form for ten days;
- performing the further test with molecular or antigenic swab at the end of the ten-day fiduciary isolation.
Provided that no symptoms of COVID-19 arise, those who enter Italy from India can benefit from specific exemptions from the following prevention measures:
- waiver from the swab performed within 72 hours before entry into Italy, from fiduciary isolation and from the further test at the end of fiduciary isolation;
- waiver from fiduciary isolation and from the further test at the end of fiduciary isolation.
For the activation of the exemptions sub points 1 and 2 it is sufficient to fill in a self-declaration and submit it along with the business visa application.
The waiver sub point 1 can be granted to business and work travellers whose stay in Italy is up to 120 hours. At the end of the period above said, they must leave the Italian territory. If they need to stay, they must comply with the fiduciary isolation for five days and perform the further test with molecular or antigenic swab at the end of the five-day fiduciary isolation.
The waiver sub point 2 can be granted to business and work travellers whose stay in Italy is up to 120 hours and who work for companies legally established or with secondary premises in Italy.
Any other business and work travel case can be allowed to the waivers sub points 1 and 2 only upon authorization by the Italian Ministry of Health, upon request by the applicant. For the authorization procedure, please see the page of the Ministry of Health.
The Embassy of Italy in New Delhi and the Consulate Generals of Italy in Kolkata and Mumbai resume activities on business visas starting 26 October 2021.